Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Good Idea Is....

.... Crowd-sourcing pictures since I can't always take my camera out when I'm working! 

Every once in awhile, something spectacular happens on a whale watch that makes me mentally kick myself for not bringing my camera.  A few weeks ago that something was an adolescent female Orca who was hamming it up and even breaching!  Luckily, the folks I had taken out that day were decent photographers and had pretty nice cameras and were incredibly sweet in that they asked to send me some of their photos.  Of course I said yes!

The following pictures were all take by that family, sadly I can claim credit for none of these.  Next time!


Each fluke pattern is a unique fingerprint - this is Sasha, she has an "AK" pattern on her left fluke.

The water beading off the whales back is phenomenal!

Another momma and baby!
Look at the tiny blow!







Momma and yearling (or two year old)

Males have the really big pointy dorsal fins

2 comments:

  1. I got caught up on the blog today. What an awesome adventure. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great day on the water that was! I loved all of the pictures especially of the orca breaching. What a treat. Thank you to the family that their photos with you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete