Monday, September 23, 2013

Changing of the Seasons

Today marks my last day in Sitka.  It also happens to be the first day of Fall, which seems oddly appropriate for the end of my Alaska adventure - for now. 

As I pack up my things and play the biggest game of Tetris trying to load it all in the car, I find myself reflecting on all the things I've learned, the things I've done, and the things I've gained as a person. 

Instead of being all mopey and sad that my time in Sitka is over and that I'm heading south, I figured that it would be nice to share my ten favorite photos from this summer with you.

Creek along Herring Cove Trail
Totem in Sitka National Historic Park
Mt Edgecumbe
View west from Harbor Mountain


View east from Brent's Beach, Krusof Island

Salmonberries
Bear Mountain above Heart Lake
Thank you to everyone who supported me in my endeavor to come to Alaska, who talked me through the rough patches of missing home and my kitten, and to everyone who has helped me become the kind of woman who would feel she could undertake this sort of adventure.  Ok, now I'm getting all sappy. 

1 comment:

  1. We are so incredibly proud of you!!! You've been incredibly successful at this adventure. We are excited to see what the future holds for you. Perhaps it will be to the south; or the east; or the west; or back north - who knows? But your next adventure awaits you :-) Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete