Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Winter is coming!

Yes, yes, I know that the title of my last post was weather related but this one is relevant.  Promise!

When I looked out the window this morning, I saw something that totally surprised me.  I knew it was going to happen eventually, yet I wasn't mentally prepared. 

This morning, we had our first snow on the mountains. 

Now, I know that doesn't sound terrible exciting because you're sitting there thinking "Well, you do live in Alaska", but consider the fact that those mountains aren't much higher than 3200'.  From what I can gather from folks who have lived here for ages and ages, once we get that snow on the top of the mountains, it's only a matter of weeks until it snows in town.  And I looked ahead on the 10-day forecast... We have a chance of snow showers next week.

Glad I bit the bullet and ordered my winter coat now!


PS- I will definitely be posting pictures of the first snow!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your winter coat arrived! You might be getting those snow shoes out soon LOL And good thing you're getting going on those studded tires. Sounds like they'll get a workout this winter. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are preparing for winter, Darkness comes early and stays late, Bear spray when walking would be a good item to have handy. Love, GP and Jo Jo

    ReplyDelete