Monday, September 8, 2014

Catch-Up Part 2!

This post is to going to catch y'all up on the month of August.  :)

At the beginning of the month, my parents came to visit and it was absolutely amazing to get to see them!  While they were here, I was able to take about 4 days off of work to get to spend as much time with them as possible.  We did a lot: hiking, flight-seeing over some glaciers in Taku Inlet, whale watching, among others.

For the hike, we went up Mt Roberts to the tram and had lunch.  It was quite the warm day but it was absolutely amazing to get out in the trees!  At the top, we got some lunch and got to catch up.  Walked around town and got dinner at Tracy's Crab Shack (best crab cakes I've ever had!) and watched the Wilderness Adventurer leave port (the boat that several of my friends work on). 
Blurry photo taken by a 6 year old climbing the mountain behind us
Mom and I
Downtown Juneau from the top of the tram

Aren't they adorable???
The day after, we went on a flightseeing tour and it was the best thing ever!  Pretty much, we flew down Gastineau Channel, over several glaciers including the Taku, Hole-in-the-Wall, and several others.  It was awesome! 
















We also went on out to the Mendenhall glacier that afternoon and walked out to Nugget Falls.


We also went whale watching while they were in town but I haven't gotten those pictures from my dad yet... hopefully soon!!!

In August, I also started guiding some of our Whales, Bears, and Glaciers tours.  So I'll just throw some of those pictures up here for ya. :)





BROWN BEAR!!!



So that wraps up August, everybody!  I hope you enjoyed my pictures; I greatly enjoyed the experiences that lead to them!  Everything is going well in my little world up here in the north.  Hope everyone's week goes splendidly!

Next post coming soon!  Possibly tomorrow even!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics and update :-) We even made the Blog :-) I particularly enjoyed the sunset photo. That was exquisite! Look forward to more postings! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete