Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Playing Catch-Up

Hi all!  Just thought I'd check in here and let everyone know that I'm still alive and loving life here in Juneau!  As usual, I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates.  The season is now slowing down and so now I'll be able to catch everyone up on what's been going on here. 

Since we last chatted, the tourist season peaked, we celebrated the Fourth of July, my parents visited, and I began guiding our Whales, Bears, and Glaciers tour!  Overall, it's been a blast and also absolutely exhausting!  Pretty much, what I'm thinking I'll do is just share some of my favorite pictures and see where we are at.  Sound like a plan?

Mendenhall Glacier from the water


"Fishing" isn't the same thing as "catching"



Good morning, Juneau!
Evening at Auke Bay
Dead Whale.  Sadly it got struck and killed by a cruise ship.  It didn't sink as expected and so NOAA towed it to shore and chained it to a tree to remove it from the shipping lane and to be able to perform a necropsy to determine cause of death.  Was actually really really neat to get to see!
Hoonah, AK





Sunset over the Chilkat mountains
These pictures wrap up July.  I'll do August in a separate post.  Very soon though - like later today!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Glad to see the new post. My favorite was the catching' vs fishin' :-/ Ain't that the truth! And I'm excited to see more pics ;-) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete