Sunday, May 26, 2013

Evening Paddle

Woohoo!  It always makes any day a ton better when I get to paddle and Friday was no different!  It was a good day off (finally got hot water running to my kitchen sink again and got my sofa fixed - excellent!) but going paddling in the evening made it great.

My boss had decided to offer a free evening paddle as a "date night" outing to her ladies group at her church.  All told, we had about 10 couples show up and 3 guides (two of her kids - Makayla and Connor - and myself).  It was quite a large group but it was still a blast. 

It was a pretty chill paddle, just ambling around some of the islands you can see from town, taking our time and enjoying it.  The evening was perfect for a paddle; a very light breeze, no swell, low tide and rising, and a full moon.  Well, it was still too light to see the moon, but sometime this summer I want to do a full moon paddle again when I can see it.  I think that would be really neat!

Airport runway in the foreground, Mt Edgecumbe volcano in the distance


The view towards Mt Edgecumbe

Ochre stars waiting on the tide to rise


A relatively small sunflower star.  They can grow up to a meter across!

I love all their little tube feet, they feel so cool!


My bosses, John and Alison, like to bring their dog, Willow, along on paddles.  She loves it!


No comments:

Post a Comment