Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sun and swimming and star fish... oh my!

Sorry that it's been awhile since my last update; work has been busy and I'm always so exhausted by the time I get home.  Loving it though!

Where last week was rainy, this week has proven to be beyond glorious.  Since Monday, it has been sunny and clear; yesterday had only one tiny little cotton-ball of a cloud!  Only downside to clear is that it usually means wind.  So far, it hasn't had any incredibly negative effects, just makes paddling a bit annoying in the afternoon. 

I have a day off tomorrow and am volunteer guiding for an outing of my boss' church group in the evening.  And now that Mom has graciously lent me her waterproof camera, I will hopefully have some pictures for you soon!  And the tide should be low and only starting to rise while I paddle, so fingers crossed for some cool critters.

I don't know what kind of crab this is, but I see tons of them right next to the boat ramp and they're kinda cute.

The view to the east (I think... still trying to get a set perspective of my directions in town)

The view to the south from the other day.  A bit of wind driven chop, but still gorgeous.


On Tuesday I rode my bike to work (finally, I know), and since it was such a nice warm day (I do believe it hit 60 or got darn close), Seth and Cailen and I decided to bike up to Indian River as they had it in their minds that they wanted to go swimming.  I would personally much rather swim in the ocean any day of the year than in a river which maybe 5 miles up is snow.  They got up to about their knees and decided that it was maybe not quite warm enough for that yet haha. 


Perfect swimming hole at Indian River, just waiting for it to hit 70 outside!
After nixing the swimming plan, we hiked up the trail a ways and found this gorgeous view of a muskeg in a glacially carved valley.


Mottled Star that I found on the boat ramp today.  Nabbing little guys like him is why I wear my boots to work everyday despite the fact that they give me blisters.
Now to go tend to my slight rosy sunburn that I've accumulated over this past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment