Saturday, May 11, 2013

Totem Park

Last week, I was lucky enough to have a sunny afternoon off.  Instead of going home and sitting on my couch and honestly doing nothing productive, I decided to go for a hike.  Ok, honestly more of a walk.  Since the first day that I got here I had been wanting to go to Totem Park (officially it's the Sitka National Historic Park, but nobody calls it that).  And don't worry, despite the bear proof garbage cans, it's practically in town and very well trafficked.  No need for bear spray, at least on that trail. 

I didn't walk the entire loop trail (there were several branches of it and I didn't want to get lost) but I was able to find the totems from which the park gets its name.  The way they were set in amongst the trees was stunning.  You would be just walking along a trail in the woods and come around a bend and bam! there was a totem pole!

Some were older than others...



...while others looked as if they could have been painted yesterday.




2 comments:

  1. We are LOVING your blog! And we LOVE YOU!!!!! Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I know how to post a comment using ANONYMOUS I'll try using Google, too Let's see if it works....

    ReplyDelete